Halloween might be called the “Maker’s Holiday” because many people make costumes and decorations for it. So the Rochester Makerspace is thinking about having a Halloween party on Saturday, October 26th.
If we’re going to do this then we quickly need to make some important decisions so those who want to will have enough time to make costumes. So we’re looking for volunteers to serve on a committee that will plan and prepare for the party. It will meet for the first time on Thursday, September 5th, at 7 PM at the Rochester Makerspace. If you can, please let us know if you plan to attend or if would interested in being the committee chairperson or serving in some other key role.
You don’t need to be a member to help. You also don’t need to attend the meeting to tell us if want us to have a Halloween party, or to make suggestions. Just leave a comment below.
Here are some of the things we quickly need to decide:
- Date and time (tentatively Saturday, 10/26)
- How many people can we safely accommodate?
- Are we going to do this just for fun, or as a fundraiser?
- Should we charge admission, and if so, how much?
- Are kids are going to be welcome, and if so, how do we entertain them?
- How much should we budget for food, decorations and entertainment?
- Will we need to provide extra security in the parking lot, and if so, how?
- Should we have a theme (Zombie Apocalypse, Sci Fi, Monsters, Fairy Tales, Comic Book Characters, etc.)?
- Should costumes be required for admission?
- Should we award prizes for costumes, and if so, what?
- Should we try to encourage guests to make their costumes at the makerspace, and if so, how?
- Who is going to be the committee chairperson and those in charge of key tasks such as advertising, food, entertainment, decorations, etc.
- When and how often is the committee going to meet?