The Faire on Saturday (11/21/15) was a blast! Thank you to everyone who visited our booth and checked us out! Special thanks also to our dedicated volunteers who landed their support through the event from preparation to cleanup. Everyone did a phenomenal job!!
For those of you who didn’t, we had a 3D printer and wood cutter set where we our specialists created samples for our visitors, many of whom got to see plastic 3D copies of their faces!t
We also had samples from the stained glass meetup group. There was plenty of computer gaming and programming as well.
There was also a Rubiks Cube contest where our guests got to compete for a 1 month membership and a $20 gift card!
Overall, this year’s Mini Maker Faire was a success. Can’t wait till next year’s!
Slowly moving stuff in! Time to organize!
Just wanted to notify everyone that we will be in the space on Thursday (02/21) starting at 6:00pm for an official work meet up. We will be doing a number of things, including but not limited to:
- Workbenches – Finishing what we’ve started in the workbenches. We have made some good progress, and we probably have enough now to start. We may build a few more, but our focus will be on finishing and placing what we have.
- Organizing – Begin moving stuff into place, and organizing the space.
- Floor Cleanup – Our floor needs some work. Before we put floor tape down we need to clean it. Hopefully we will have what we need to get a crew cleaning it.
- Computing & Security – Setting up workstations, setting up camera system.
- Discuss Fundraising – We will be working on a number of fundraising options in the next month or two. We may spend some time organizing those efforts.
- General Cleanup & Hanging Out – Anything else that comes up or needs to be done, we will try to get to. Also will use the time to simply hang out.
Although this is a work night, please feel free to stop by, see the space, and meet us.
If you are interested in becoming a member, an active participant in our group, or want to donate to our efforts please stop by and see us or contact us.
Look forward to seeing you all there!
I am happy to announce that we will be having a formal meeting on December 18th @ 6:30pm at the Brighton Public Library! This meeting is long overdue, and we have a lot to discuss. Whether you are currently involved or not doesn’t matter, because everyone is invited and encouraged to come.
We will be discussing our next steps and filling volunteer positions. If you want to get involved or are looking for something to do this would be a great meeting to attend. Are opening is imminent, and there’s a lot to do!
Hope to see you there.
Brighton Memorial Library 2300 Elmwood Ave. Rochester, NY 14618
View Larger Map