Some of our members hard at work!
Lately we’ve been planning and announcing our work meetups a few days in advance. We realize that everyone has busy schedules (including ourselves), and that giving a bit more advanced notice makes it easier for more people to come to the space and help out. Therefore I am pleased to announce a more consistent schedule and recurring schedule for these events.
Someone will be in the space to facilitate a work meetup on the following days and times:
- Saturday - From roughly 9am to 1pm
- Monday - From roughly 6pm to 9pm
- Thursday – From roughly 6pm to 9pm
To keep these dates and times, as well as other important events in your Calendar, make sure to add our Google Calendar. If these dates don’t work for you please join our Volunteer Group and let us know, so we can try to work out something that fits your schedule.
You may also notice that a Paypal donation button has popped up on our site. That’s because we’ve started taking online donations! Eventually we will be using Paypal to also take membership dues, and will allow us to do automatic payments for everyone’s convenience.
For now though, please contribute through an online donation! Every bit counts, and we appreciate anything you can give.
Thanks to everyone who has already helped and contributed so much. Hopefully with these extra days and times we will soon be ready to open to the general public! Til the next meetup!
Slowly moving stuff in! Time to organize!
Just wanted to notify everyone that we will be in the space on Thursday (02/21) starting at 6:00pm for an official work meet up. We will be doing a number of things, including but not limited to:
- Workbenches - Finishing what we’ve started in the workbenches. We have made some good progress, and we probably have enough now to start. We may build a few more, but our focus will be on finishing and placing what we have.
- Organizing – Begin moving stuff into place, and organizing the space.
- Floor Cleanup – Our floor needs some work. Before we put floor tape down we need to clean it. Hopefully we will have what we need to get a crew cleaning it.
- Computing & Security – Setting up workstations, setting up camera system.
- Discuss Fundraising - We will be working on a number of fundraising options in the next month or two. We may spend some time organizing those efforts.
- General Cleanup & Hanging Out – Anything else that comes up or needs to be done, we will try to get to. Also will use the time to simply hang out.
Although this is a work night, please feel free to stop by, see the space, and meet us.
If you are interested in becoming a member, an active participant in our group, or want to donate to our efforts please stop by and see us or contact us.
Look forward to seeing you all there!
Just a quick reminder and/or notice to all of our supporters that we will be having an informal meet-up at the space tomorrow night at 6:30pm. One of us will be in the space by 6:00pm if you want to come early, hang out, and talk with us or other members.
Our intention is to show the space to anyone who is interested, and to talk about our first project: Building workbenches for our space. If you want to volunteer, be involved in that effort, or want to share what times work for you please come and let us know.
If you can’t make it please join our Volunteer Group to be updated on the project.
We will also have time to answer a few questions. However this will not be a brainstorming session. We need to focus on what’s pertinent for the coming weeks, use our time wisely, and ensure that our message is clear. Thank you for understanding.
Here is a map of the space’s location. Google also has an image for point of reference. To get into the space turn down Scrantom St. off of St. Paul. Drive to the back of the building and you will see a gate to a parking lot to your right. Turn in, park, and walk in through the big bay doors. Go through the door, turn left down the hallway, and you will see us congregating.
We will be ordering pizza for everyone at 6:30pm, so come hungry! See you there!