The Rochester Makerspace is completely run by a large, dedicated team of volunteers… and we need more. We have many activities and programs we want to provide to the Rochester community, but not enough folks to staff and run them.
We hope you’ll consider helping us with the things we’ve listed below. We’re not looking for Clark Kent – one person to do everything. Even volunteering to provide just one of these items will allow you to make a noticeable difference to our organization and to your community. You can also acquire new skills and experience, develop connections to our community, and have some fun.
- We have always struggled to get the word out to Rochester’s Maker community that we exist. We’re seeking ideas for free and paid advertising. Let us know what might work and then we’ll let you be involved in carrying it out.
Class Interest Survey
- The Rochester Makerspace thrives by providing its members with classes that help them learn new skills and have fun! We are looking for someone who is interested in cultivating insight on what classes are in demand at the RMS.
Craft and Movie Night
- Craft and Movie night is a great way to bring the creative maker community together to make fun crafts while bonding over a movie! We need someone to organize the craft and movie for the month and host the event.
- We’re very proud of our selection of major equipment and tools at the Makerspace, but we know that we can do better. Help us find out from our members and potential members what we should add to the space.
- The Rochester Makerspace is an exciting place. Fun events and new opportunities come up all the time. Help us tell our members about these things without annoying them with too much information!
- We want to give pottery a home at the Makerspace, but we don’t know how to get started. Please help us find a kiln, whether it would be bought or donated to the space, and help us determine other equipment that we should get to support pottery.
Showcase Member Projects
- Many of our members are very proud of what they create at the Makerspace. Help us find ways to show off their creations to other members and to our visitors.
Wood Shop Management
- We need someone to check on our major pieces of wood shop equipment once every week to make sure they are working properly. We also need someone to help organize our tools, tell us what needs to be replaced, and tell us what we’re missing.
These are just some of the things we could use your help with. Please tell us if you don’t see something on this list that interests you or if you would like to suggest something.
Please contact us if you’d like to help. Thank you.