The Rochester Makerspace is completely volunteer run. Our dedicated group, who hold a wide variety of skills and interests, work very hard on creating an organization our entire community can use and be proud of. We are constantly looking for new members to join our team, and appreciate the interest you’ve shown in volunteering!
We have numerous areas in which volunteers can donate time to the Makerspace. Some volunteer positions have time commitments and responsibilities, but most do not. Whether you are hands on, like to interact with people, or enjoy volunteering from home we have tasks for you to work on!
Our volunteers donate time to the following areas:
- Assisting members in tool use and demoing equipment.
- Orientating members on safety procedures.
- Maintaining tools, equipment, and shop space.
- Planning, designing, and building furniture.
Office & Administrative Tasks
- Spending time in the space during open hours.
- Community outreach, publicity, and social media.
- Marketing, including creating new campaigns and implementation.
- Graphics, media, and web design.
- Cleaning, organization, taking out trash.
- Running errands.
- Picking up donations.
- Searching online for donations and other supplies.
So if you’re interested in volunteering please fill out this survey to let us know what you’re interested in, what your skills are, and your availability. This will help us find tasks, positions, and times that work best for you. We respond to these submissions once a week. Also please sign up for our volunteer mailing list to stay updated or contact us if you have any other questions. Thank you for your interest!