The Rochester Makerspace is completely run by a large, dedicated team of volunteers. And we need more. We have many activities and programs we want to provide to the Rochester community… but not enough folks to staff and run them.
We hope you’ll consider helping us with the things we’ve listed below. We’re not looking for Clark Kent – one person to do everything. Even volunteering to provide just one of these items will allow you to make a noticeable difference to our organization and to your community. You can also acquire new skills and experience, develop connections to our community, and have some fun.
- A treasurer – our current treasurer would like to step down soon.
- A graphic designer
- A volunteer coordinator – to help us recruit volunteers and use them effectively
- Help organizing classes and events during the winter months, our peak time of the year.
- A new header image for our website (1300 by 160 px). The one we have uses image from other makerspaces because weren’t open when we created this website.
- Help promoting the Makerspace by writing posts and putting pictures on our website and Facebook page.
- Class instructors and others willing to share their knowledge and experience.
- Help with writing a monthly newsletter.
- Help sending out tweets – we have a large twitter following but we almost never tweet anything, even we we have important news
- Someone who would like to organize at least one free social event each month that would be open to the public.
- Volunteers who can lead an art or craft activity of any kind, for kids or adults.
- Help with teaching kids computer programing using Scratch or developing a program to teach adult instructors
- Help with thanking and showing our appreciation to our many volunteers, donors and supporters.
- Board and advisory board members who have business, marketing, financial or 501c(3) experience.
- Help with fundraising and grant writing.
- Help improving our administrative processes and organizing the Makerspace better.
- An experienced web designer who knows WordPress.
- Someone with a truck or utility trailer who is willing to occasionally help us go get building materials or other large objects.
- Help organizing a conference for the leaders of local nonprofit “maker” organizations to share ideas and discuss how we can work together to promote our organizations and causes.
These are just some of the things we could use your help with. Please tell us if you don’t see something on this list that interests you or if you would like to suggest something.
Please call Rob at 585-210-0075 or contact us via email if you’d like to help. Thank you.